Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
A free slideshow by Smilebox

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Play

Pumpkins Here, Pumpkins there.  Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere!

Pumpkins orange, pumpkins green.  All the pumpkins are nice and clean!

Hmmm.  Which ones do I want?

I know he'll pick me! I'm the biggest pumpkin!

I know he'll pick me.  I'm the roundest pumpkin!
Mrs. Pie will take these three pumpkins!

Jolly wolly pumpkin face.  You're happy, tell us why?

I'm glad to be a pumpkin FACE.... and not a pumpkin pie!

"Wunst they wuz a little boy who wouldn't say his prayers."  (James Whitcomb Riley poem Little Orphant Annie)

Riding on a broomstick for the poem Old Mrs. Witch!




The children in Mrs. Stites' first grade class performed a pumpkin play for the kindergarten through 3rd grade classes.  The children did a very nice job memorizing their parts and performing the play.
Afterwards they recited several poems including Indian author James Whitcomb Riley's poem "Little Orphant Annie".  What a wonderful learning experience to celebrate fall!

No comments: